Latest Job Posting: May 25, 2018
PART-TIME PRODUCTION ASSISTANT – HOLLISTON, MA
Part-Time-20-34 hours per week
Holliston Cable Access, Inc. (HCAT) is seeking a Part-Time Production Assistant who wants to be part of a
growing PEG facility.
The Production Assistant will be helping many of the daily operations of a PEG facility including volunteer
training and support, in-studio productions, remote productions, live broadcasts, editing and office support. The
Production Assistant will report directly to the Production Manager. The ideal candidate will have previous
experience working in an access facility, video production, editing using Avid Media Composer, Adobe
Photoshop and basic computer skills. Evening and weekend work may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Import and edit video segments to be included in the taping of current shows for broadcast
- Contribute to studio shows in whatever position needed (usually camera, teleprompter or audio)
- Transfer edited packages to the Broadcast Pix switcher.
- Create lower thirds and graphics as needed.
- Prepare other HCAT shows series or otherwise for broadcast on HCAT channels; send to Nexus playback server, VOD Server, create DVD’s, publish to YouTube, Facebook and archive.
- Provide editing support to other HCAT producers as needed.
- Schedule, prepare and distribute equipment for volunteers.
- Assist with promoting HCAT through the use of social media (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Create and maintain generic and timely promos of HCAT shows to air at random times.
- Maintain the program archive and process requests for copies of programs.
- Provide technical support for the HHS Communications class and instructor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Production Manager, Station Manager and the Board of Directors.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be well organized.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Adobe Photoshop knowledge a plus
- Must be able to meet production deadlines.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefit needs will be discussed at the interview.
Please forward resume by June 8, 2018 to:
P.O. Box 6623
Holliston, MA 01746
Or email to: